You know what's really awkward? The way the word "epically" is spelled. As if it should be pronounced... epi-callie, kind of like a mixture of an epi-pen for someone with severe allergies and a name for a dog that herds sheep. Another awkward thing? My everyday life. Seriously.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Let me introduce you...

...To one of my funny friends! I saw this a couple days ago and started laughing because it describes one of the most awkward social interactions that occurs on a day-to-day basis. She regularly writes totally awesome things on our facebook message thread, but, I promise, this is published with her permission!

So, enjoy!

Rant of the Day by Alissa Wu

If I am on the phone, why would you ask "Hey, what's up?" as you are passing by when you are obviously not interested in a conversation? First of all, we don't have time to talk about what's up. The only real response I have time for in this 3 seconds of passing is "nothing" or "the sky," one of which is a lie, and the other is a cliche I will not take part in. I'm failing calculus. My dog has heart-worm. I totaled my car. Do you really want to know? I didn't think so. And if I do happen to elaborate, we will be doing that awkward looking backwards while walking thing and eventually have to end the conversation due to neck strain and the distance between us. Secondly, I am on the phone. I have chosen to talk to someone who unfortunately isn't you. I already gave you the head nod. I acknowledged your existence. You really shouldn't want much more from this social interaction.

Therefore, I have no time to talk to you or answer your meaningless questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment